Week commencing: 18th April 2016
Dear Parents and carers,
We are having a ‘Book Fest’ week at Raglan to celebrate children’s literature and continue to promote a love of reading and books. We have planned a fantastic week of reading activities, competitions and storytelling for the children.
Below are some of the activities that we have planned- it would be great if over the Easter Holidays you can encourage your child to get involved.
We have lots of fantastic things planned including:
- A visit from the Author Tamara Macfarlane
- Drop everything and read
- Library visits
- Be your own author
- Reading swops
- Market Street – Friday 22nd April after school
- A themed lunch organised by Kelly our school cook
Did you know?
- Children who read for pleasure are likely to do significantly better at school than their peers.
- Reading for pleasure has the strongest effect on children’s vocabulary development, but the impact on spelling and maths is also significant.
To download a flyer, CLICK HERE.