This year we are really excited to be raising money for Sport Relief 2014! As one of the UK’s biggest fundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives.
Raglan Primary School has decided to get involved and help raise money for this incredible cause. To do our bit and raise money towards our £750 target we will be:
1) Dressing up on Friday 21st March! Any sports clothes, onesies, red clothing, Sport Relief merchandise (can be ordered on the SR website or bought in Sainsbury’s or TK Maxx.) In return for dressing up please send your child in with £2 on the day. ALL money will be donated to Sports Relief.
2) In addition to this there will be other donating opportunities throughout the week commencing 17th March. 6HL will be holding a table sale either in the junior playground or the middle hall every day after school. They are competing to see which group can raise the most money! Further details will be coming.
3) We will also be coming round with buckets, we would be grateful for any spare change!
4) We also have a Giving Page. If you wish to make a larger donation to add to our £750 target you can go to:
https://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/raglan-sport-relief and type in ‘Raglan Giving Page’ into search.
5) Crystal Palace are donating 20 places to their club on Monday 17th March Years 3-6 and Tuesday 18th March Years R-2 with the provision that parents make a donation to Sport Relief. Places will be given on a first come first served basis. Please ring or call in to the office by Friday 14th March to give your child’s name and details for a place and bring your donation to the club session. (If you have a place at this club already then you will have your place automatically and your coaching fee will be given to Sport Relief.)
6) Finally, we have 120 Sport Relief wrist bands to sell at £1, so if you would like your child to buy one please send them in with £1 next week.
And, the best bit is, the money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world’s poorest countries. To find out more about Sport Relief visit sportrelief.com/schools.
We will also be using Sport Relief as a teaching opportunity so that our students can learn about the issues children across the world face, and how the money we raise can help them.
We really appreciate your support and hope that you’ll have fun helping our school raise lots of money for Sport Relief!
Mrs Harrington and 6H